21.2.15

my luxe lust list # 6: ... marble

Marble is an absolute classic and timeless material. It screams Luxe in every setting and is currently enjoying an enormous resurgence in popularity, not only in traditional use (tile, slab, object) but also newly  interpreted in everything from contemporary artworks to fashion fabrics.


I've always lusted after Calcutta Marble and have few decor pieces that have whet my appetite. Our main en suite floor will soon (I Hope!) feature its grey and white goodness and I'm still wishfully imagining the proposed kitchen island to be topped with a cool, honed slab.

The floors in the lower level of our house are marble (Crema Perla) but the current trend in Marble is for White or Black and veined in monochromatic tones. The best thing about a product becoming 'on trend' is that main street stores add it to their seasonal inventory, and often at very reasonable price points too! This is happening here at the moment with all the larger retailers stocking some form of marble ware.


1. Cheese Board $39.95 Freedom
2. Lisa T Clock $70 Target
3. Hand poured Soy Candle Candlelit & Co
 4. Pillar Table Lamp $289 West Elm
 5. Metro Table Lamp $149 Freedom

I love (and prefer) online shopping, but in a rare day popping into some local stores, found marble items everywhere. Not online yet but in store, I found (and may have bought! he he) beautiful marble bathroom accessories at Domayne, Freedom and Pillowtalk. Freedom had (in addition to the items pictured above) some gorgeous house-shaped paperweights too.

I really like being able to add small touches of this luxe material to my home but with greater outlay, comes greater impact. Below are some of my favourite Pinterest inspirational images...








Missed any of my other Luxe Lust Lists? Catch up here:

1. Hermes Blankets
2. Eames Walnut Stools 
3.Eero Saarinen Tables
4. Fur Throws
5. Leopard Print

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback!

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL