3.7.14

bits and bobs

I have come to the conclusion that my blog will never be regularly attended to. Thank you to my regular readers for your perseverance with me...
 I do like having a record of this house's progress though (albeit slow) and life in general (whizzing by), so here's an update...

Both the Main Bedroom En suite and Guest / J's bathroom upstairs have been waterproofed. After a council inspection next week we can organise the under-floor heating guys to do their bit!
No pretty pictures - sorry!

The dilemma regarding black walls - where? was resolved. I said 'there, there and there' and the stark white is history! If I win the Lottery I might add a bit of feature wallpaper!

TIP!  Use a tinted undercoat for dark coloured walls to ensure perfect depth of colour.


Painting the dining area end wall means that I'm also committed to my black kitchen! Eeeek!


My wee upstairs linen cupboard is complete and will adequately handle the overflow from the larger / main downstairs version!

I've also discovered Gumtree ... and have / am having great success; saying goodbye to furniture from previous homes. It's also an excellent way of helping those starting out with cheap goodies or freebies! And it's more simple to list than eBay!

Bye-Bye Bali Style...
 The Gumtree discovery was prompted by the return of one of our nest leavers (yay!) who was accompanied by a house worth of recently purchased appliances and furniture (um...not so yay). Some major culling was required!

All listed on Gumtree!
Fast forward to now, just three weeks later and a new work opportunity has seen her announce she's moving to Newcastle...never a dull day!
 Her 3-month old fridge is still for sale on Gumtree!  (RR$700 $500)

P.S: NOW SOLD

 The Scalamandre Leopardo Silk Velvet fabric I bought on eBay arrived but was not the correct length. Given its poisonous value, I was very grateful that the U.S. seller replaced it. Equally disappointing was the arrival our long awaited dining room lights which were damaged. It is at times like these that I really appreciate honest vendors and good customer service policies!


J is on school holiday but has the flu. Again. After he received the flu shot. Humph.
He slept till 1:45 today....I was tip-toeing in and checking on him like a new born babe!

At least I got time to finish and frame, a trio of little artworks for a friend's daughter. They should sit above her bed nicely!


 Hopefully J and I can have some holiday fun together tomorrow...

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I am very excited about these black walls, I cant wait to see the end result. Im not a very consistant blogger myself, as you would know. I get to distracted by life.
    We are selling lots of things on the Buy Swap & Sell pages on Facebook, such a great way to get rid of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha...that 'life' thing does that to me too, Trish! Not heard of FB selling will have to check it out! I seem to list on Gumtree and get a call / sale within 24 hours! Freebies half an hour! Love it!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL