17.10.13

christmas decorations (a bargin hunter's secret)

 Soooo....I've been thinking about Christmas a bit lately and my mind turned to decorations.
I love choosing a different colour / wrapping / decor each year.
Here are some past themes...

I fell in lurve a few seasons ago with some ridiculously priced diamante concoctions from Domayne and, as is this family's custom, purchased one, appropriately themed item, per member each year.


So my little stash of 'special' decorations has grown. And when S & M left the nest, I bought their first Christmas decorations to start their own tree....


And this year, as it's A's first Christmas away from home, I bought her this:


but....for her BF, I needed a duck! and no other icon would do...

So I turned to good ol' Mr Google and guess what?
These $20+ Christmas ornaments are readily available on eBay for <$10, sold as diamante keyrings and necklaces!
Yes! I know! W.T.F?


Hello Mr $5 Duck! I'll look forward to meeting you!



x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback! 
If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+.
 Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, as regular buyers at Christmas time from Domayne, we were thrilled to find your blog but could find no trace of these on e bay or elsewhere. we desperately need a duck and an owl !!! Thanks, Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish, I bought my duck (pictured) from eBay seller cadmijay2001 who also sells several owl icons. I bought on the Aussie eBay site. Good luck! X KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL