29.5.13

Moving. Dining. Thoughts. Quandary

Daughter No. 2 has just signed her first lease on an apartment!!!
 I'm excited for her but at the same time am silently sobbing inside. Just like I did with the first nest leavers, S and MMwaaah!
Life and growing up happens in a blink of the eye...


In prep for the imminent move she's on a buying frenzy and has bought, amongst other things, this terrific dining suite from one of my best friends as posted HERE.

 It residing temporarily in our future dining space though, has been a bit of a shock.
It is a large eight seater suite and looks minuscule in the area.


We currently have a twelve seater Antique, Edwardian Banquet Table as our family meals table (contracted to seat 6 downstairs) but I'm now concerned it too will look small, even in its extended form, in the new upstairs space! Keeping the table is a definite. David collected antiques waaay before we met and I respect that they are precious to him. (hence the three car garage sized, purpose built, storage area filled to the brim on the lowest level!)

Sooo... do I buy something more suited to this space and add this table to storage or  'make do'?

I was contemplating custom making something but realistically, we'll be downsizing next move and would have no need for a table which I predict may need to be 3.5 - 4 metres in length to 'look' right. 

Life throws spanners at you every which way doesn't it?


x KL 

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

4 comments:

  1. Tricky... I'd probably go with what looks right in the space for the moment, as when you sell to downsize you'll need to present it in a way that is attractive to other buyers... a dining table that isn't the right size or style will jar. But definitely keep the old one in storage if it has meaning to you and you'll use it later. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughtful comment Heidi. I think that might be the way to go and perhaps offer the purpose built table for sale with the home? X kl

      Delete
  2. I agree with Heidi's suggestions! Go with the purpose built and I don't think you will regret the choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing others opinions is so great. Sometimes I wonder if I'm on the right track, being too ambitious or not fiscally conservative. The need for this table is still a-way-away but at least I can have a firm plan! Thanks for your opinion Nat! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL