23.5.13

Life

Considering J wasn't having a birthday 'party' this year, (we host one every second year; a cost containment strategy I started as a single Mum many years ago) his 11th birthday has managed to span a week with two cakes and a fun trip with a few mates to see Star Trek Into Darkness with lunch at a local pizzeria.


Mum and Dad have decided to zhush the family home which is 50 years young. New kitchen bathroom, flooring, paint and storage. Exciting! I'll have to get their permission, but hopefully will be able to share the before and afters... Decision 1: Limed Oak Flooring!
*drool*


 Here, the  s l o w  progress continues.... David has finished painting the ceilings in the main bedroom and installed doors, skirting and architraves whilst I've been playing around with some on-line wardrobe planning programmes.

 Is it cold where you are? Winter has hit the Central Coast of Australia with a vengeance today. I'm happily wearing my new boots and living in comfy jeggings (long tunic jumper on top of course!)


x KL 

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

6 comments:

  1. Great cakes, great boots & yes it is chillie here in the Hunter valley as well. Bring on spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh...not so quick Trish! I've got a few more jegging / jumper / boot combos to wear before spring! LOL! x KL

      Delete
  2. Love the cakes... bet the one with the snakes all over it was a big hit! Love your boots too KL xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lolly cake was a pressie from his big sister....mustve cost her a fortune! There's cake at the bottom but much lower than the kit-kat sides so it's literally a lolly bowl on top of cake. Mega 11 year old boy hit!
      Clever girl; she must take after her mother. He he!
      The boots are a firm favourite, soo comfy unlike some silly wedge sneakers that will be on ebay very soon! x KL

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday J!

    Love the puppy cake, so cute!

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you B, from J!
      He loved the puppy cake. At 11 he's still my sweet baby boy (not much longer though, *sob*) and his mates fought over the nose and tail! LOL! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL