23.7.11

'The Farm' dream

Do you have a secret "I wish I had " place? My husband and I build contemporary homes but we both long for a farm. Just a little one.

Only a few hours away so we could escape easily on weekends. Surrounded by picturesque natural bush for our son and his mates to explore, run wild and be boys!


With a little cottage and a huge bunk room for loads of visitors. A fire pit. A 'real' garden that grows veggies and abundant flowers for the house!



A traditional country kitchen for family scone making and hearty breakfast eating. Big, sleep -in-till noon beds and no telephones, television or PlayStation! Books - everywhere! Old furniture that tells its story though each mark; simple, honest and not pretentious.



And don't forget a big, junky shed for fossicking!
Oh!!!! The bliss!!!!
We're committed to the dream. We throw nothing out! Instead we have in storage the seeds for the reality. A cedar hall stand, armoire, old javi-lounge, gramophone, meat safe and old Royal Doulton, rose covered dinnerware. The list goes on. One day we hope to unpack it all in a place worthy of it's moniker. "The Farm".
x KL

5 comments:

  1. Hi KL
    I just hope this message gets through as you know I have tried many times. I love your little get away farm and hope one day this dream may come true for you and your family!
    Mrs Bxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success Mrs B! Thank you for your comment and your perseverance! We hope it come true too; it makes working a worthy pursuit!
    KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ... Yes. I have more than one though :(

    That's a gorgeous house and I hope it all comes true :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is a house by the beach listening to the sounds of the surf and breathing in the salt air. X toes and fingers that your dream comes true:) KP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, i so agree! I dream of a relocated barn in the mountains...thanks for your comment and can't wait to see more!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL