31.8.15

Bubbles...

I am so excited!

Two bedrooms upstairs (our main and J's), the playroom and lower guest bedroom are being carpeted on Wednesday! This had hinged on the timber flooring being laid in the halls adjacent to those rooms, which is what David did today!.


Yesterday we finalised little bits and pieces in the main bedroom en suite in anticipation of the 'big move' upstairs after years of living in only the lower portion of the house.

Heated Towel Rails and shelves for pretty bibs 'n bobs!
Whoop! Whoop!

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I've been unpacking some treasures and purchases from eons ago too. It all feels a bit Christmass-y to be honest! LOL!

The first thing I'd like to do after Wednesday is to have a bubble bath in our freestanding tub...
which made me realise that I have nowhere to rest my celebratory glass of Verve!
Eeeek! How on earth could I have overlooked an item of such importance ? !

Sooo...although it wont materialise before Wednesday, THE bubbly resting spot / table / stool has been on my immediate hit-list!
Here are my (seriously whittled down), main contenders:

L to R: Warren Platner Side Table, Metallic Grande Drum, Mark Tuckey Egg-cup stool, Marcel Wanders Stone Stool, Bamileke stool.
And below are some inspirational images of similar stools / tables like these in situ:




More delicious decisions! (In the interim, a box will suffice!)
But bring on the Bubbles!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so excited for you KL!! I'm just catching up on your posts after a few fairly crazy weeks. Firstly, so sorry to hear about your health woes. Sounds very scary, and I'm glad to hear you're back home and clearly firing on all cylinders. There is nothing better than new carpet! Enjoy your well deserved bubble bath with celebratory bubbles of another kind! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! This week has been like moving house completely...we are so exhausted! The carpet is da bomb! I took your advice and purchased the BEST underlay and bought two 'grades' of carpet in the same colour. The high density is superb but the lower density (and more cost effective) carpet with the good underlay is great too. Probably could have halved our outlay and done whole house that way!
      Ill health has always been my shadow and it's never frightened me before but this time, I'm very glad to be still around; particularly as I still have one young child. The bath didn't happen (Blind installation delay) but I'm planning luxuriating tomorrow when privacy and exhaustion are rectified! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL