27.1.15

blue

We celebrated Australia Day yesterday in true-blue style with friends, a BBQ, slippery slide into Terrigal Lagoon, cricket and soccer....in between an almost continuous deluge of rain. Not that the kids seemed to mind! Disappointing weather but there were lots of laughs with the large contingent of adults sheltered under leaky tents and tarpaulins!


 For overseas readers, Australia Day is a national holiday and marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British Ships. In contemporary Australia, our celebrations reflect the diverse society and landscape with community and family events.

With the wet weather continuing today, building work has ceased here and at client projects too. J has a mate over and it's a perfect day for the movies so we have that planned for this afternoon. 
Meanwhile, I'm catching up with some e-mails and blog reading. 
Did you know The Pantone Colour of the Year 2015 has been announced?


Gotta say, I'm not a fan. Reminds me of the late 70's when burgundy was all the rage. Unlike the colour of 2014, which I interpreted here with pink highlights, I think I'll be skipping this colour trend entirely unless I creatively view it as copper-like, which has not waned at all in popularity.
Personally though, my newest, favourite colour is blue.
Dirty blue, teal, aqua and royal. I love them all!


I've already bought a few items to add pops of blue to our monochrome black and white interiors:
And four of my art works / wall hangings contain some blue...


Now I'm dreaming of an accent chair for J's room ....


... in blue, of course!

What do you think of The Colour of the Year?
Do you have a favourite colour featured throughout your home?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not too keen on the colour either although your idea of viewing it as copper-like is a good one. Do I spy a Bromley in your artwork mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! Yes, we have two Bromleys. Both the bright yellow flower and butterfly one are his works. They are quilts rather than paintings which we framed! They are gorgeous and enormous!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL