31.1.15

BLOCK Spoiler!

I was surprised to see in the Sydney Morning Herald's Domain today, that one of The Block Triple Threat Challenge apartments had hit the market.  It was overhauled by contestants Josh and Charlotte and more info is available HERE if you're interested in snapping up an affordable piece of The Block TV show.
I wonder if we'll see any more for sale before the episodes containing them are broadcast?


I was excited to get a sneaky peek into the completed unit and don't think seeing these images will spoil my enjoyment of watching the series but, if you feel otherwise....click away now!






The blue-chip located, top-floor unit will be sold unfurnished and is expected to fetch $400 000 +
Here's what the agents, Jellis Craig have to say about it...

18/85 Caroline Street South Yarra

Make a designer debut

The benefits of a just completed renovation are immediately apparent throughout this bright top floor apartment high on South Yarra Hill, moments from Toorak Road, the Yarra River and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Oak floors, reverse cycle heating/cooling and a contemporary kitchen featuring soft closing storage, stone benches and stainless steel appliances complement a living/dining area that delivers appealing dimensions and opens to a balcony with attractive leafy outlooks. Equally pleasant views accompany a double bedroom that accommodates in complete comfort and is served by a fully tiled bathroom finished and fitted with an exceptional sense of style. Off street parking adds to the inner city success of a smart start in property ownership - or a consistently rewarding investment opportunity. 

 I think the unit is gorgeous and the finishes very neutral for any prospective buyer to add their own style, though I think (with the exception of the art - yuck!) the displayed furnishings are spot on! I liked this couple and the winning aired bedroom, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of them in subsequent episodes!
Are you watching this series? 
Thoughts?

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting - hadn't heard that. I love this unit too :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got your finger on the pulse KL! Spoil away - I can't view this Block from overseas. Not a bad effort. Looks a little on the cheap side, but I'm not sure about their brief. I'm with you on the art, somewhat rural for South Yarra! They also need a larger rug in the living room. And if I'm really going to pick, the plant in the dining area looks dead! On the other hand, I love their bathroom and bedroom. Looks like a very nice place on a tight budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! Not so much a 'finger on the pulse' but a serendipitous lucky stumble-upon! Love The Block franchise but I don't think youre missing too much being OS and missing it. More drama than decorating unfortunately! Your critique of this apartment is spot on though! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL