30.7.14

3 weeks lost

 Losing three weeks of my life to sickness has been frustrating...most of all the inability to 'do' anything, go anywhere and feeling confined. I was pretty zonked on painkillers and one can only peruse so many magazines! Headaches made any indulgence in real literature impossible.

So, I shopped

Online of course...

....just a little....


Here's the deets....

My love of Camilla saw this long kaftan (which was on sale!) pop into my cart. Even though I'm a curvy girl, the style swamps me so I'm going to get it reworked into a sleeved dress.
New season Country Road tempted...and fed my continuing pastel pink obsession with these summer jeans and vase
The shoe height on these CR mules are just right for this ol' gal but I think I'll return them for the white colourway which is everywhere this season!
Ordered two of these light fixtures from Beacon Lighting for over the dining table. David picked them up and HATES them. . . Beacon have a great return policy but I'm going to try to 'sell' them to hubby first!
J is growing like no tomorrow. At 12, he is now as tall as me. He seems to have outgrown every wardrobe item in the past three weeks! New CR jeans (he hates the button fly) and a new Tee are a stop-gap till I can take him shopping. 
Whilst I was buying from CR I also grabbed this black smock which will hide my puffed up belly. I think it will look sweet over the pink jeans. The detailing is gorgeous!
My hospital admission was so hurried that I was admitted with only the clothes I was wearing! Mum grabbed these men's flannies for me from Lowes. Super sloppy, soft and warm. Perfect post surgery. Thanks Mummy!!!!
Harold's always has something I 'need'. Cough. A handful of porcupine quills and an emu egg have now been added to my collection of curiosities!

 There is one more thing that I bought from my hospital bed...
It's a biggie and I am very excited about it! I think it deserves its own post though, so stay tuned!
Here's a teaser...


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I had 2 of those light fittings installed over my kitchen island over Easter! My other half didn't like them at all (and it took me a while to get used to them after having much smaller pendants in the same spot) but now he really likes them. I was going to put pictures of them in a blog post maybe over the weekend if you want to have a peek at them in action ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence Natalie! I'd love to see them in 'action' and will be stalking your blog now to catch a glimpse! LOL! It's reassuring that your hubby came round to liking them. Fingers crossed mine does too because I'm running out of options and inclination to keep trying!

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJuly 30, 2014

    What a great haul! Hope you are feeling better very soon. PS: love the light fitting. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Every day I'm feeling better - had breakfast with a group of friends this morning....been MIA too long! This light fitting saga is becoming rather epic... hope hubs keeps an open mind!

      Delete
  3. Love all the retail therapy. So sorry you've been so unwell KL. I once read a book in a week while on painkillers post operation… have no idea what was in the book at all!! Those things really knock you out, but you don't seem to have had any misses with the shopping buys so that is good! Particularly like that black blouse/top. Hope the recovery goes well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heidi. I must admit that some of the deliveries this week were a bit of a surprise to me too...might have a found a new shopping ruse there. Lol!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL