4.6.14

A name change...

You may remember me lamenting the deletion of Ikea's popular Expedit Storage units awhile ago. Well the good news is that they are being replaced with the KALLAX range. The new design is claimed to be more durable and child-friendly whilst still accommodating all existing storage boxes and baskets. 

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_AU/img/campaigns/2014_03_expedit_kallax_spotdiff.jpg
 EXPEDIT                                                     KALLAX

The range of configurations has been reduced as have the external dimensions and... price! 
Further details are available HERE.

I'm off to check them out in store!


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

3 comments:

  1. They really are one of the classic pieces of the last…er…not sure how many decades…seem to have been around forever. Some Ikea pieces are dubious quality, but some things really are brilliant..and the expedit was one of them. I hope the new Kallax will truly be more durable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that Ikea is 'tweeking' rather than deleting these great units. Hopefully the Kallax will be an improvement....I couldn't fault the Expedit though! Apparently another plus is the colour range (the white is to be brighter)

      Delete
  2. They would have been MAD to get rid of them completely!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL