30.4.14

Mother's Day; Present perfection...

It's not brain science but it has still taken me awhile to 'get it'. . .
I'm talking about organising the perfect Mother's Day present.

My mail box, email, pinterest, and blog feeds are all chock full of suggestions ATM that I always eagerly devour but likewise, always finish reading feeling disappointed. 

 I don't have a fashionista, cordon bleu, green-thumbed mum. She does not travel the world nor redecorate her abode each season. She does not wear makeup. Perfume gives her a headache.


She is, quite simply, a wonderful Mum and a Nana extraordinaire
An accomplishment that I can only aspire to.
 Oh, and she has a pretty awesome side-kick too!


In the past, I've bought Mum stuff for Mother's Day. Lots and lots of stuff.
When i analyse it, they were things I wanted, or things I had and I wanted her to have too.
Everything from diamonds to microwaves... and she was grateful, but...

I finally 'get it'

On Mother's Day I'm going to be at Mums.
For lunch or, maybe dinner.
Nothing fancy.
We'll just be.
Together.

The perfect Mother's Day.


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

4 comments:

  1. You are very lucky. They look like gorgeous people. Enjoy your day with them. G. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Giulia. I feel blessed. Having loving parents seems a luxury that many do not experience.

      Delete
  2. And she'll love it. Although are you sure she doesn't need a new foot spa, or pyjamas, or a CD compilation by the greatest Divas of All Time?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! She is VERY easy to buy for as she has simple tastes and is always so appreciative. The pleasure of time with family is priceless though... I will probably get her a functional pressie as well....

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL