13.3.14

Hallelujah!

 Today, my baby boy attended a 'Day in the Life of a St Edward's College Student' orientation programme for his proposed high school next year. (The application process is still in front of us!) The school invited all the current Year Six boys from local schools to experience their facilities first hand. Some woodwork, dark-room photographic development, use of Photoshop, electric guitars, real experimental science and lots of sport were some of the activities on the programme.


 For a child (my child) who has despised school with a vengeance, to show so much excitement and praise for the activities was heart warmingly positive! From the minute he hopped into the car, he has not stopped talking about the minutiae of the day! The school's approach was clever; J now wants to attend this school. He was not only impressed by the sheer size of the grounds, (which are really nice!) but the greater variety of educational options that he glimpsed has enticed him. 
Hallelujah!
St. Edward's College is a boys only school (a 'sister' school for girls; which my daughters attended, is located next door) and I can only say that they know boys. And I can't thank them enough.

Image: St. Edward's College Facebook page

2015 through to 2020 just became years to look towards positively! 


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
 You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback! 
 If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+. 
Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! It's so great when kids are excited to go to school, and enjoy learning. Sounds like it's going to be a great start when he does get there next year, and much easier for you to get him up and out the door if he's already so enthusiastic about it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Heidi. Unfortunately, J missed the 'desire to learn' gene that our daughters had. It's been a struggle every single day to get him to school since day one, Kinder. I'm hoping High school can ignite his interest and therefor enthusiasm... fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. WOW, that's great, lets hope they can keep him excited.
    We are also doing the high school applications for our son, its a little sad, I hate the teenage years & I'm not looking forward to losing my little buddy for the next 6 yrs or so, while he turns into a repulsive alien, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL