23.3.14

Fabric as art



I spotted this gorgeous home, situated in Finland, over on STYLIZMO today.
It jogged my memory regarding my intention to frame some Marimekko fabric as cost-effective art.
The panel seen above is Moments - Hetkia
I purchased mine online a few years ago from Nordic Fusion.
 Below are a few more examples of how this substantial fabric panel has been used as art:


I've also bought a panel of Focus - Black which I think I'll use as cushions. Possibly. Maybe.


I've always loved Marimekko designs. Above, bottom left, is an artwork I painted using left-over paint based on their Unikko design for my daughter's bedroom in our last house.

Here are some more examples of using their fabric panels as art...







Of course these are just examples from Marimeeko. Any beautiful fabric, framed simply can look stunning. And be cost-effective to boot! Clever.

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback! If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+. Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely agree on the effectiveness of stretched fabric as art - it's an old trick but a goldie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a goldie! I've collected quite a few drops; now for the framing!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL