16.2.14

Luxe for Less!

Following on from yesterdays Mega-Post, I thought I'd share some more serendipitous news regarding the mirrored cushions that I tracked down. As I mentioned previously, the first time I laid eyes on these, I was smitten....

Those seen in the images above are Sheesha Pillows from US retailer Jayson Home. They start at $350 USD for the smallest pillow and are made from a silk fabric.

Locally, I found that AuraHome makes a version. Theirs is available in Natural Jute or Grape colourways. One tenth of the price but the fabric weave and colours seem to lessen the glam-factor.


 Bandhini Homewear Design also do a very luxe version. Above is their Dotted Mirror Lumbar cushion made from linen. Stunning, Australian and was on my far-fetched wish list at $339 AUD.
Then of course I found MINE!!!!


 I purchased them direct from the manufacturer in New Delhi, India via eBay but I've since discovered they are selling on Etsy too. They are beautifully white and the canvas cotton adds a soft texture whilst offering durability. They have even custom made me two lumbar cushions! The prices were comparable to the Aura ones but were sold sans insert. Eeeek! I was prepared to get some custom made...and here's the really serendipitous bit...


West Elm sell Down / Feather pillow inserts in all the sizes I needed. 
16 " x 16", 18" x 18", 12" x 18" and 14" x 36"!!!! 
Un-bloody-believable!!!! And...they were ON SALE!!!


Now, my previous record with West Elm has been abysmal. But, I'm thrilled to say, the stars continued to align and third time lucky, my order arrived perfectly within 48 hours!

 Luxe for Less! And all from the comfort of home! Yippee!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback! If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+. Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

2 comments:

  1. I own these very pillows! Clearly kindred spirits!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! They are so beautiful, can't to get the new rooms finished so I can get them on display. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL