13.11.13

Christmas Theming....


I've made a final decision for my Christmas theme this year; White + Silver + Gold.
It wasn't really a conscious thought process, more an organic one, an acknowledgment that I was constantly being drawn to images and products in black and white tones with metalics! 
Like these....


When the latest issue of Real Living Magazine materialised in my letterbox sporting these colours on it's cover (row three, middle), it cemented the idea!

I'd love to use my Black Christmas Tree again (circa 2010) but after the children's (yes, the adult ones too) horrēre and previously documented tantrums, I'll use the traditional green version as a base this season. So, here's where my plans are at ATM:


1. This sparkly silver tree from a small local store in Terrigal will be the table centre-piece decorated with crystal, gold and white.
2. I'll get the first use (of many) from recently purchased West Elm gold cutlery.
3. The tree base in #1 is icky so I'm planning on hiding it in a large Uashmama gold / white bag.
4.5.6. Designer, Karen Walker home wares for Myer!!! GORGEOUS! Just thinking about serving a scrumptious desert in these gold-rimmed champagne coupes. ? Gold, confetti spotted napkins are a definite, whilst the polka dot mugs would be perfect Christmas morning scene-setters (perhaps from Santa?)!

It's S' 24th birthday tomorrow and we will celebrate it with her this weekend. I'm hoping I can convince the troups, when gathered, to help with the tree decoration too....wish me luck!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback! 
If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+. 
 Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

8 comments:

  1. Like your thinking, KL, the metallics are calling me too! I'm going to use my black tree again - so far no tantrums directed towards it but I think that is because nobody has noticed it's black...The KW homewares are super cute, I've seen the the napkins in IRL and they are really nice! Your table will be very glam with all those pretties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...you've disguised it well then! LOL! I'll revist when we move upstairs and I can have two trees; one on each level! I'm seriously in love with the napkins! Will look forward to seeing your use of metalics this year! Thanks for popping in! x KL

      Delete
  2. Love the theme - very elegant. I had tantrums from the family when we had a black tree - had to give it away to a charity shop because there was such an outcry. Have gone for a gold tree this year - family is happy for the first time ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, a whole gold tree....LOVE! Gold has really made a comback in interiors hasn't it? I know Christmas is about family but I'm still hoping to ressurect the black; one day! I wonder what the Charity shop thought of the tree colour? I had some interesting responses from friends before they saw it...

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love your style, my favourite colour scheme as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good minds think alike eh Trish! Tried the tree on the table today...eeeek! Too big! A major rethink needs to be done...thank goodness I've got time on my side! X kl

      Delete
  4. I clicked over to the black christmas tree post, and it's awesome!! I can't wait to see what you do with your colors this year!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! Its a jiggle to get the kids and me happy; they want nostalgic 'stuff' and I want to create aesthetic perfection! Always a battle.....

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL