5.10.13

our worst nightmare....



As a parent, having children moving out of home is a momentous event. 
You're proud of them and want to support their independence whilst so very slowly letting go of previously firmly held, apron strings.

Second daughter, A experienced a murder, then two hour siege outside her new home yesterday.
OMG!

She was thankfully at work when the shooting was occurring but none the less, it's been a shocking experience for a 21 year old.

I want her home. But wrapping her in cotton wool is no answer.
The reality of the society we live in just came slamming into her 'happy bubble' of new found independence.
So. Unfair.
And the Central Coast, in my view, has lost it's relative isolation from the big bad world. 
So. Sad.


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

4 comments:

  1. How traumatising for both you and her this must be :(

    Glad she is ok though.

    Take care <3

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we heard of it I was shocked this could happen in our patch of paradise. When I heard which street it occured there was a mind-numbing panic to make sure she was OK. You can't protect your children forever but this was a bit too close for comfort! Thanks for your kind thoughts, as always.
      x KL

      Delete
  2. I don't know what to say. As a mother of children of similar age, I feel your anguish over what happened in your daughters street. It's hard to believe that things like this happen in our beautiful country, let alone our street! I hope her "happy bubble" comes back quickly and you all can move on from this terrible experience. xT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toni for your empathy. If nothing else, it's made her realise that my 'lock the door, when home alone - even in the day" is not as stupid as she first thought! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL