2.10.13

obsessing over....

 I've admitted to this before, but I'll be honest again....
Do you get a fixation on any one item for months at a time?
(Maybe it's just me....) Eeeeek!


Once upon a time, I owned no mirrors other than those fixed in the bathrooms. Then one day I saw a beautiful Venetian Mirror and became obsessed. Every time I saw a beautiful mirror it came home with me....(some I've posted about before HERE). And 20 odd mirrors later, I was done*. Disinterested and onto the next 'thing'! Scary eh! ? LOL!

*I may have recently ordered two mirrored bedside tables. Like these: He he!

Domayne Optical bedside in clear
Well my latest obsession is Bone Inlay. I just can't get enough of the stuff! 
I think if I had the money to buy one large piece then the desire for more might have waned. Maybe. 
Instead, I've gathered lots of bits and bobs, mostly black and white, but some mother-of-pearl and grey too.



*sigh*

This obsession might be on the way out though....I've started to thinking about standard lamps endlessly, though haven't purchased any...
...yet.


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

7 comments:

  1. If you find out where to get a bone inlay box please do tell. I am desperate need for one for the kiddies bathroom. Lurve the stuff. Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KAR! I bought most of mine (those at the top LHS of the collage) online at Harolds. Link below:
      http://haroldsfinishingtouches.bigcartel.com/
      The stool and lower two boxes are from Ruby Star Traders, a wholesaler in Sydney.
      http://www.rubystar.com/
      The cross from Bisque, another wholesaler
      http://www.bisqueinteriors.com.au/
      And the tray is another online purchase from Hard to Find.
      https://www.hardtofind.com.au/
      Good luck!
      x KL

      Delete
  2. I love your new bedside tables!!! I would love to get some if we ever get our bed custom made (not having much luck at the moment) but am paranoid of breaking/cracking it while vacuuming, or the lamp falling and smashing it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Always that risk....and if he does....subsequent divorce. Lol! X kl

      Delete
    2. What' the go, or should I say, hindrance to your bed ?

      Delete
  3. Love it! :)

    Because the manufacturer normally just makes headboards and not bed bases, I am a bit nervous what if they don't make it right :(
    Also, I am still unsure of the colour, I kind of short listed one, but am not 100% sure I love it :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard to decide when custom made and you can't 'see' it first! Can't see how hard a bedbase would be though....I'd wait to you feel the 'That's IT' feeling re the colour....it would be awful to pay a motza for custom made and then hate it! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL