10.10.13

Custom Made....

Well my coffee table project has progressed.
So far I've spent $215 on it.
The last time I mentioned it was HERE and below is the base (on it's side) now powder coated.
Next will be a ply top to which Davey can wield some parquetry magic! Stat tuned!


 The thing is, that me lugging this frame upstairs, and being a wee bit puffed, meant that it has stayed on it's side for a few hours. During lunch. And two cups of tea.

 Now, a question...does it look like a you-beaut sideboard to you? (I'm now onto wine)
I'm visualising it a bit lower in height with a marble top.
?

Made me do a quick google and look at these for inspiration:


I'm thinking the steel fabricator / powder-coating mob and I will be seeing more of each other!


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback! 
If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+. 
Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

4 comments:

  1. Well when I saw the first pic I thought "that's not a coffee table, that's a console. A chic one. I want it!
    I might need a narrow little tabke for my kitchen breakfast nook. This might be the go because I was thinking marble topped too!!
    Good job. Looks lovely!
    Thanks for inspiring me lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha! You saw it too! Inspired; well you are very welcome! It has been the easiest little project (so far). The hardest part was deciding on dimensions and thinking through the little support bracket design so that the top can be fitted securely and invisibly. And FYI, the price for the base was not a 'mates', cash or industry trade price because we're a building company. I contacted a local fabricator from Yellow pages....this is very do-able for everybody!

      Delete
  2. Love the cofee table, even without its top! I think a sideboard with a marble top sounds delicious, I'll have one too thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks for your kind comments! At this (topless) point, I think I'll get my coffee table and perhaps a sideboard for less than RR for one alone. I've befriended a local stone-mason and will be off soon to see what price he can do a marble top for a sideboard for me. The trick here, I think is to be flexible in regards to stone type and timeing. x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL