26.5.13

On a roll!




 Dulux Silver Illusion it is! 
Everywhere. Though I may revisit the bedhead wall with Domino or wallpaper when the other room elements are in place. (Sshh- don't tell Davey!) And I may need a new bedhead too. Eeek.

Best news? I'm happy with the decision. Thank God!

One coat finished, one more gloss and wall coat to go before fitting out with lights, fan and door hardware. 
Whilst we're far from 'full steam' ahead, at least the tide is taking us in the correct direction!

TIP: Always buy good quality branded paint and ensure three coats are done on new walls / woodwork. Sealer / undercoat is a step that should not be skipped. Enamel painted woodwork is far superior to water based paint's durability...definitely worth the hassle and unpleasant fumes for a few days.

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

2 comments:

  1. Great colour choice, can see why you are happy with it! I learnt the hard way that oil-based enamel is the only way to go with painting woodwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nat. The water-based blurbs sound too good to be true and they are! I'm really loving the wall colour too. Phew! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL