11.4.13

The week so far...





 After seriously coveting Erica's (Moth Design) J Crew Flower Lattice necklace for what seems like an eternity, my heart has now been stolen by Heidi's (Adelaide Villa) Kate Spade Ice Queen neck piece. Funny really, because I've never been one for costume jewelry. Never say never....The J Crew one was sold out when I first fell for it but can now be back ordered whilst the sold-out Kate Spade is only available from a few e-bay sellers. Both designs are equally stunning....and would make a perfect Mother's Day pressie. Hint Hint! Eenie-meenie-miney mo?


I can't believe another World's Greatest Shave day is upon us again. This was J's contribution this year. We are huge supporters of The Leukaemia Foundation here after watching my friend, and mother to J's, battle and lose her fight to this disease. I think of Lisa often and hope that a cure can be found soon. 


Read about Bacon Jam on Made By Girl. Made some. (That's my batch mid cooking, above) Super easy and absolutely yum. (I tasted it only to ensure it was edible BTW! - still on my diet!) 
Highly recommend. Deets can be found HERE


Everyone in blog-land was super excited about finding ceramic garden stools at The Reject Shop for $40 a few months back. I was too slow and missed out but they revisited this winner and I scored the last two white and a lone black in my local store. Yippee!
If you're after them, better get your skates on!
 

x KL 

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

8 comments:

  1. I hope your family comes through with the necklace! I also hope they can find a cure to leukaemia, it's heartbreaking watching someone you love lose their battle with such a horrendous disease. Rx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Romy! My friend was really making progress too...we had so much hope for her survival after a bone marrow transplant but it wasn't to be. The side effects of agressive treatment took there toll on an exhausted body. Heartbreaking.
      The neckpieces are stunning aren't they...might buy myself and give to J to give to me. He's happy. I'm happy! He he! x KL

      Delete
  2. well that's a pretty big hint for mother's day...i'll keep my fingers crossed that your family is reading and thinking and plotting....! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia! I've really been enjoying your blog (as always but particularly) of late. I think I'm the one thinking and plotting...LOL! x KL

      Delete
  3. Hi KL, thanks for the mention... and Oh Dear that I've sent you on a chase for the sparkly necklace. I got mine 2 years ago now (I think?), so the prices are probably not that cheap on ebay... but I've found this seller on Etsy who has a lot of 'tribute' necklaces to the JCrew ones http://www.etsy.com/shop/louxinyan?section_id=13339646 and they're pretty cheap too. Happy shopping! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link Heidi! I popped over but they just weren't the same. I have found one on iOffer (? never purchased from them before) and another on eBay. They are on-selling far less than the original RR, which from my research appeared to be $550+ vicinity. I hope you view my copying as a sincere sign of flattery! x KL

      Delete
  4. Love the jewelry and that a designer item can be found so inexpensively!

    Lots of love for your friend, Lisa, who you lost. The daughter of our family friend is battling the disease too. It is truly horrible. I hate the "Big C," and pray for a cure too.

    Ash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear of your friend's daughters diagnosis, Ash. Hearing of someone young struck with something like this seems additionally cruel and unfair. I hope and pray she becomes one of the many survivors.
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL