21.4.13

Hit and Miss; some help required!


 J is off to Canberra for three days / nights (I'll be a basket case!) in five weeks and he has a school project to complete before heading off; he needs to take his own knitted scarf! 
His female peers (7 : 1 girl to boy ratio) have taken up this challenge with great enthusiasm. I can crochet and offered to help but David's nonchalant "I could knit at your age" statement made him the preferred teacher. TIP: Be careful what you brag about....LOL!
After consulting his good friend Mr. Google, David cast on and 45 minutes later (I kid you not) he had taught J every building site cuss that ever existed. And then some!




 Pic 1. Row two attempted in bed this morning (is it pearl, is it plain...W.G.A.F.!) and J's first hands-on knitting experience. I dodged the flying skeins and needles and it was proven that J is a very good listener! It's going to be a short scarf!

Pic 2. Have you heard of Temple and Webster? I signed up and was excited to make my first purchase; this gorgeous map. After waiting yonks (and they had my moolah!) unfortunately they couldn't supply. SO disappointed!

Pic 3. LOVE this smoking skull image and I'm positive I've seen it as a cushion on Etsy but need help locating the seller!!!

Pic 4.  I snapped these horns at the January Decoration + Design Fair held in Sydney and if my memory is correct, this wholesaler also stocked Zebra hide rugs. Can anyone help with the supplier's name?

Ooooh...and its a definite 'Hit' for this wee bloggie. I won a generous Blog makeover from Katrina at Katrina from the Block! Bloggy botox coming my way soon!!!!

Stay tuned......


x KL 


 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like the week is looking up compared to last week? Aside from the knitting that is..! Maybe youtube could help there? Have heard very mixed things about Temple and Webster - have yet to personally purchase anything, but a friend got cushions.... that arrived without inserts (which wasn't stated in the description and of course photographed with them in). She wanted to return them and it was a major hassle. Hope you have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL