11.3.13

Onto the next room...


 After high-fiving ourselves silly over the final completion of two rooms, we have taken our own advice and are going to focus on finishing all the half finished rooms next. I first suggested this over a year ago and posted the plan of action HERE. Well, at least we're consistent...ly... slow! LOL!

The problem encountered then was locating a cost effective joinery to cut the melamine sheeting for the vanity carcass (The one we had been using had closed down). We eventually chose a well known national company and tried them out with the linen cupboard shelving. Unfortunately, they didn't use a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) cutting machine which meant small inaccuracies in the dimensions, making tedious work for assembly with lots of planeing. Grrrr.


Any hoo, we'll try someone else for the main bathroom vanity but enquire about their cutting method first!. I have also since lost the vanity plan (although this old blog pic would have sufficed) and am now re-thinking the design. We were going to have two basins on a floating bench, behind which will be a wall of mirror. I still like this concept but am concerned about the limited storage for a main bathroom.

My inspiration pictures for this bathroom have been these:

Middle top: Architecture Saville Issaacs; my hubby was the builder. Middle left: Katrina & Amy The Block. Bottom Right: Minosa Vanity.
 And most recently this one:

Wolf Architecture and Minosa
Below is the temporary set up we've got showing the vanity bowl and tapware purchased. 
I'm thinking of deleting the planned right hand bowl and having a wider bench space with a big drawer for storage. Maybe with a handle that doubles as a hand-towel rail.


 Although we will have a bowl and tap 'spare' we can always store them for another project. The vanity top will need to be a white composite stone with this change too as I don't have a large slab of Crema Perla Marble to match the floor / walls in this room. (With two basins we did).

What are your thoughts?

I've also deleted the idea of wall sconces either side of the heated towel rails. After three purchases all looking wrong, I give up! David has agreed and the electrician can terminate the wiring. Easy Peasy!



x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas KL, the prettiest stuff isnt always as practical as we would like, but hey, it would look awesome!!!

    I work for a building company called Manor Group & we use a Terrigal company called Planit Kitchens for all of our custom joinery, kitchens vanities etc, the quality is awesome,we never have any complaints about their work & Terry the owner is a great guy, you should give them a call!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish! Yes, you are so correct, and functionality I think must always take precedence over aesthetics. Damn!
      David and I had a chuckle over your recommendation. We have used Planit for several projects and recommend them to others ourselves; we agree that Terry and Wade are great guys and very easy to work with! We're trying to save money though here and so we are building our joinery ourselves (not recommending for the average DIY'er though) David is more than capable and by avoiding retail prices our dollar goes a bit further.
      Anyone looking for a professional Kitchen company on the Central Coast though could not do better than with Planit!
      x KL

      Delete
  2. I just realised what your cleaning under the vanity comment referred to *shy*

    You are game girl!!!

    I would have loved a floor to ceiling mirror in the bathroom, but being a paranoid person, I was too scared of the lower section being smashed into pieces/scratched, or moisture somehow getting behind it and destroying the mirror film or whatever it is.

    I do love the look though <3

    B

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL