23.2.13

Seeing Stars and Enlightenment!

 Being an admirer of Minosa product and design for quite some time, I was very excited to see their promo, below, pop into my inbox. In home design sessions? Free? 
Before I could say 'Yee Ha!' came the catch. Sydney Metro Area only. Damn!


 I first became aware of these guys when we renovated our previous home (posted HERE and HERE). Unfortunately the product didn't fit within our budget then but they were on my radar.
 I next saw their products first hand, utilised in the award winning Avoca Beach Project that my husband built. Designed and decorated by Architecture Saville Isaacs, Minosa products clearly enabled the architects to achieve their vision.




Anyhoo... 

I sent an innocuous e-mail off, encouraging their new endeavour and which resulted in a serendipitous meeting between Darren Genner and I at Le hacienda!

I must admit, I was a wee bit apprehensive of our meeting... but was quickly put at ease.
I really liked Darren. 
He was no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point, easy to talk to and non judgemental. He was full of suggestions and made me feel like an intelligent participant in our conversation. 
Arriving with enthusiasm despite the challenging wet weather encountered and distance travelled,
he gave positive reinforcement to previous design decisions we'd made (Thank, God!) and constructive advice for others. Above all, there was honesty in his opinions and his passion for design was palpable.




The upshot of the meeting? I'm taking our joinery ideas back to the table but with much greater confidence and clarity.

Should you require it, and are within the Sydney area, I highly recommend utilising this incredible service, details of which can be seen on the Minosa flyer pictured above.

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

7 comments:

  1. WOW KL, that would have been very exciting, I bet you can't wait for it all to be finished now, having that extra confidence in your choices would be a huge sense of releif!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish! Building so slowly, as funds allow is really hard. Trends come and go and I'm always wondering if the 'long term plan' will last the distance, design wise. Felt really positive after this meeting. Looking forward to seeing your long-term dream take shape now too! x KL

      Delete
  2. What fantastic service!!!

    Those bathrooms look stunning. Those wall hung vanities ... <3

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the 'duck's guts!'! LOL! We are planning on at wall hung vanities here too...but I'm not looking forward to the belly-slither move to clean them! How's your powder room wall hung re cleaning? x KL

      Delete
    2. None of our vanities are wall hung :(
      They are sort of semi wall hung, if that makes sense. They all have a small "plinth" underneath. This is because of all the structural steel (which there was A LOT of) it was extremely difficult for the plumber to rout the piping through the wall frames. And downstairs, we couldn't have any either because our plumber wasn't precise enough to get all the pipes within the 90mm steel frame gaps inside the concrete.

      But either way, I don't find the cleaning too problematic. I use the swishy style mop and don't scrub that often, but when I do it's not any more difficult than the rest of the floor.

      Cant wait to see your wall hung vanities <3

      B

      Delete
  3. Hey KL, Thanks for the great feedback and kind words! We are so glad to have ben able to assist and will closely monitor the results of your home & look forward to seeing you again

    Cheers Minosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant every word! Was so very impressed with your service and product. x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL