16.2.13

A house update


 Have been busy with 'life' lately and haven't had much time for this here wee blog. I've kept up with reading all my favourites though!
Thought it was time for a la hacienda update.....
Whilst waiting for the professional plasterers to get here, David has done as much prep as he could manage confidently. Below is where the upstairs plastering is up to. The first four pics are of the lounge and dining rooms, the three below that are of our main bedroom, WIR and en suite.

 As there's little more we can do here other than show patience....David made a great start on creating a walk in linen cupboard under the stairs on the middle level. He plastered, set the walls / ceiling and laid flooring before sealing, painting and installing lighting. LOVE the quick installation of the pre-finished oak flooring we luckily scored from a job as left-over material. It means we save on using our expensive marble in there too. Win - win! The fluorescent light fitting is one left over from the garage / storage area fit out.

Now we just have to order the fit-out shelving and get an electrician to tidy up that wiring conglomeration and we'll have the first FINISHED and FUNCTIONING room!!!! 
OK, well it is technically a cupboard...but HOORAY anyhows!


Oh, and a very happy, belated Valentines Day!


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

10 comments:

  1. It's coming along nicely now! And that view - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes nat....finally looking like a house and not a building site! It's definitely a view we wont tire of! Thanks for hanging in there with us and the blog! x KL

      Delete
  2. So a rooms almost finished? Well, time to move in then!

    In all seriousness, it's looking great, and you've made amazing progress. I still can't believe you did all the sheeting yourself - what a job xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he....I may or may not hang in the cupboard with a vino enjoying the 'finishedness' of it all. Lol! The sheeting was HARD! I only regret not setting up a video to record david and I lifting the 6 metre x 1200 mm ceiling pieces. I think we would've definitely won Funniest Home Videos with the recording (though the sound and expletives might've been need to be dubbed out!)x KL

      Delete
  3. I've been trying to comment for ages but blogger won't let me from my laptop, I've just discovered that I can comment from my iPad though, so good! That view...wow! Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why the comments section isn't working for you Claudia, it's frustrating for you and me! Thanks for taking the time to work out the iPad works and for taking the time to read and comment. x KL

      Delete
  4. Hi KL .. I have just added you to my blogfeeds so I can keep up with everything .. such a beautiful project you've got going on here :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lea. Thanks for joining my blog feed. Its nice to know that i'm not posting to a vacuum....hopefully i'll be posting more regularly again soon. x kl

      Delete
  5. wow, amazing darl. you've been soooo busy.

    wish i could say the same about me and this place!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL