15.1.13

On My Radar: Gold Highlights

 Are you conscious of Metallic Gold making a reappearance into interior design?
It seemed to fall by the way side in the past 15 years or so but I'm noticing its warmth being added again. Shiny, matte, copper, rose or gleaming yellow are all increasingly being selected;. adding a subtle touch here, a pop of glint there.







I still love silver as a contemporary highlight but am really loving these inspiring images. It's like a breath of fresh air. Of course all the pictures here also feature my favourite Black and White palette!
You know it's a big trend when the high-street stores include it in their new collections too. Country Road have stayed on the fence and have both options available!




 Silver or Gold....
Any preference?


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

8 comments:

  1. Hollywood Regency is picking up pace as a popular design style, my guess is it's coming from there. Bronze/copper came out of the industrial look. I LOVE Hollywood Regency, but wish other people didn't so I could keep it all to myself haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm so ignorant when it comes to knowing style names and features. I'll have to google Hollywood regency! There's a lot of metallics, both silver and gold in the new seasons fashion too. X kl

      Delete
  2. Inspired yes, Gold yes, a gold tap in the kitchen.......thinking I maybe could get away with that........very cool. Now to go and find a gold modern tap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment....it will be interesting to see how easy / difficult it will be to source that gold tap. Nothing like the garish gold plated versions of two decades ago! All my favourite images that are sans a golden glint look unfinished to my eye now. Bugger, I can't change direction at this point now....x kl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel@Georgica PondJanuary 17, 2013

    Love all these gorgeous images. I'm usually a silver girl but loving gold more lately. It has such a warmth and richness. These are all very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it, I'm going for gold and grey in the formal lounge. Gorgeous post KL. K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this collection of images. I'm looking for inspiration for a design challenge from fieldstonehilldesign.com, to "gild" something, or add some gold into your house. Your post was the first one that popped up when I searched for it on pinterest. Looks like a lovely blog; I'll have to read more. = ) I especially love the Keep Calm and Blog About It quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment Christie and glad this post was useful...I am definitely enjoting addind a touch of gold here. x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL