13.1.13

Lustworthy Wardrobes!

Although upstairs is now sheeted, with the setting, painting, tiling, fit-out tasks still to do means we're a long way off from inhabiting the area.  In all fairness, the area is equal to, if not greater than that of an average 3 bedroom home!

I've asked David if he can prioritise the setting of our main bedroom wardrobes so that I can utilise the space sooner than later. 3 years is a  l o n g  time to have clothes on portable racks and shoes stored in removalist boxes!

This brings me to lust worthy ideas for wardrobe fit outs. I first saw this mirror idea over at B is building a house.


I love everything about this robe; the contemporary hanging rails, chandelier lighting and crisp gloss two pack but it's the mirror back that makes it spectacular and visually doubles it's size.

It also makes it one very expensive fit-out!

My alternative idea? Wallpaper backing.


Whilst nowhere near as arresting, it still adds a lovely surprise to the inside of the robes and lifts them out-of-the-ordinary. David's not sold on the idea..."Why.hide expensive wallpaper? Paint is cheaper"



What are your thoughts?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Droolicious!!!

    I love love love the idea of wallpaper behind the visible areas. The only thing I worry about is getting sick of the wallpaper (which no doubt will happen) and then having to rip out the cabinetry in order to remove it. Eeeeek!

    If we were only planning on staying in this house for a few years I'd do it in a heart beat though!

    Cannot wait to see what you end up deciding though. I keep putting it off as I am paranoid that it won't be perfect and I will regret some decisions and will want it re-done. Ugggggh. Wish I was more decisive :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be indecisive....now I'm not so sure. LOL!
      I agree with you B....when this house is finished we'll probably sell, daughter No 2 is talking about leaving home and it will be too big for David, J & I. Still a long way off though.
      I think if you are indecisive, creating things that are flexible in construction is the way to go that way if your needs or wishes change so can the item. Adjustable shelving in wardrobes would cater well for that. x KL

      Delete
  2. I love them all and am now thinking of how I can incorporate them in our wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He He! Hope I don't get you into trouble! I think that it would be MORE DURABLE for a wardrobe back too comparative to plaster / paint! (Am gathering my arguements for the debate here!)
      x KL

      Delete
  3. One this I am totally disappointed in are my wardrobes. I didn't ask for total detail on the layout and the wire shelves are useless.
    I really want tem ripped out, which could end in divorce
    Lesson lernt and next house I will know better
    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and really love the mirror however go the wall paper for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all a learning curve isn't it Pen? You cross billions of 'T's and dot thousands of 'i's and it is SO frustrating when something slips through the net. That's the beauty of serial building / renovating...
      x KL

      Delete
  5. Love all these looks, but the mirror is my favourite. Less chance of you getting tired of it too like you might with a wallpaper. Look forward to seeing what you go with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mirror is my fav too but way outa budget...wasting DAYS checking out wallpaper options but still have to convince hubby it's worth the expenditure!
      x kl

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL