9.12.12

Hubby really hit the roof this weekend!

I don't think there would be many people who would celebrate when their spouse 'hit the roof' but, with a builder husband, the term takes on a different meaning!

We were extremely fortunate to have borrowed our Plasterer's sheet lifter so this weekend David and I exhausted ourselves getting the final gyprock ceiling sheets up. No simple task with 6 metre long sheets and a lounge ceiling height of 3.6 metres!


Clockwise from top left, we have now installed the dining room, main bedroom, main bedroom ensuite and stairwell / hall ceilings. With every muscle screaming (I AM NOT exaggerating!), we also sheeted the highest part of the lounge room as seen below. Thank God that job is behind us!


Apart from sheeting the cove section of the lounge room ceiling, we're now up to the walls which are relatively easy and, with only a few large expanses, less of a weight strain! At just under the big 50 age mark, I doubt David or I will ever do this ourselves, again.

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

4 comments:

  1. Wow good on you!
    I hear you about the screaming muscles!
    I was given my first sleep in today in forever, 7.00am instead of 5.00am!
    Aren't I lucky hahaha!
    The ceilings look amazing and high, very nice!
    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - that is exciting. Kx (The Blog a House Built)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jode & KAR... doing this saved moolah so we can employ professional plasterers to do the 'setting' part which will mean we get a perfect finish. Glad to hear you got a sleep in Jode...We are definitely overdue for one too!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL