1.11.12

Good looking security

I spotted this fantastic security screen door last night whilst doing a bit of an Internet search.


The style of my front door excludes any form of security screening and next house, this oversight will be addressed. It's a common problem in many contemporary house designs.
The security screen door above is from the clever team at Entanglements who are better known for their fabulous metal wall art. I love this application of their work. They can be custom sized and can include various types of mesh depending security / screening needs.
It's not often that something new and different comes along!

What do you think? Do you screen your front door?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

9 comments:

  1. That's such a huge improvement on most of the security screen doors out there. I don't have a screen door simply because most of them are ugly and I didn't want to cover up the new door we paid lots for! It would be nice to have a screen door so that we could let air in at the front, but we make do with the back doors insead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your reason for not having one seems to be why there aren't many about any more Nat. Front doors are now such lovely features on their own and are so expensive! Maybe it's because we live 'out the back' of our homes now too with designs featuring more connection with the rear yard?
      x KL

      Delete
  2. Oh.my.God! We haven't had screen doors on our front doors for years, as the doors were such features that we didn't want to ruin them. Back in the day (of boring doors) we always had screens though, and I do miss being able to leave the door open all day.

    This one might just be on my list for the next house, maybe with a mostly glass entry door.

    Thanks for sharing, KL!
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha M! Love the 'Back-in-the-day' comment! I'm not having a screened door but would like one in the next house. I miss them because I've had them ...way back in the day! LOL! They allowed such excellent cross / through ventilation!.I think these doors could be the starting point for a whole entry design. x KL

      Delete
  3. Love your new banner!!! Are they all photos of your previous house? They are amazing.

    No security doors for us. I'm not a fan of opening the front door anyway, I much prefer opening the windows instead.

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 'playing' with the blog....eeek! Last time I did this I couldn't comment for two weeks! The banner is a mix of houses; some ours, some clients but all have been built by us. It seems more and more people are forgoing a screened front door but I like the idea (in theory) for security if opening at night.

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love that screen door!! I have this exact one in my wish list folder (or one of the other wonderful Entanglement pieces for the garden). We took an ugly screen door off our front door but really miss catching the breeze that used to flow through. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to have a custom security door built - so much better than standard security screens! Great find xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL