5.9.12

A new craft project


 Two years ago I saw this beautiful cross in a shop at Currumbin Beach, Queensland. It was made by the very talented coral artist Bernice Standen and as I had the whole family in tow I hesitated in purchasing it, a decision I have regretted many times. Sadly, the shop is now closed.


An Internet search produced more images of similar crosses. 
Each of them unique and very beautiful.


The original one I first saw and the two below are my favourites. They have such a range of coral and shell within them but, to my eye, are well balanced and restful.

 I thought I might have a go at making one so I've sourced some shells and coral pieces and David has promised to create the timber cross for me.


 Now I just need to find the hot glue gun...

Did you notice that I've finally worked out how to post multiple joined pics too? I used the iPhone app Pic Jointer! (Although if there's a way to do this in Blogger please tell me! I tried inserting HTML codes but the results were messy to say the least!)
And I dragged my good Canon Digital SLR out of storage to try to improve the quality of my images.
Not as handbag friendly but I love that schmick shutter sound!

 Hope you're enjoying some Spring sunshine!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea....I think giving it a go yourself will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shell crosses are beautiful. i work at a catholic primary school right on the beach. I'm filing that idea away. Thanks.Giulia.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd look perfect for your location Giulia! I taught extensively in Catholic Primary schools in the Paleolithic Era. I can imagine these as beautiful paddle-pop and small shell class projects for First Communicants. x KL

      Delete
  3. Mel@Georgica PondSeptember 06, 2012

    I have one of her crosses that I bought in Caravan Interiors in Bondi a few years back. Cost a small fortune but it was worth it, I love it. You may still be able to get them from that shop, because it's still open and there are lots of things you'll want to buy there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a weekend in Sydney to poke into all the wonderful shops is definitely needed. Thanks for the heads-up re Caravan Interiors!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL