28.8.12

Happy Birthday To..... Me!!!!

Yesterday was my birthday.


The family went all out with wrapping presents and organising cards for the event.




An enormous effort given that I had bought the actual gifts.
For myself. To save them the guilt of not having anything for me.


Darling hubby prepared a beautiful dinner.
It was a shame that cooking the BBQ coincided with Home and Away.

In 364 days I will be 50!
They're obviously not practicing so perhaps their saving their energy to pull out all stops next year!

Exciting!

P.S: There was no husband or children injured as an aftermath of this day. 
I had lunch with my oldest friend, (who is, unfortunately, younger than me) and was bombarded by cards, texts and facebook messages by other friends and family. I had a looovely day!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a lovely day. Happy Birthday from us xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Best wishes for your birthday. Surely you can't be 50 next year? You sound so youthful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L.M.F.A.O! You're my new best friend! Love comments like these....keep 'em comming!!! LOL! x KL

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to you (LOL) thank goodness you don't have to hear my singing voice. What a stunning gift you chose for yourself!!!
    Cheers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Trish, you couldn't be worse than Mum & Dad!!!! Yep, you guessed correctly; the gift you choose for yourself is never 'wrong'. He He! x KL

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day is what you make it. Do I sound wise? Practicing for next year. LOL! x KL

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday KL, looks like you had a great day. Lurve the wrapping paper - practical for around the BBQ. I also see "grate" was used in the right context in relation to the BBQ - entirely purposeful I'm sure.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi KL, Happy Happy Birthday! Glad you had a nice day. Have just started reading your blog. I love the picture of your current house, it looks great. Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome darling....read your every post via e-mail. Yeah, I hope we've built 'the bones' right. One day the house will be MAGNIFICENT!
      P a t i e n c e .
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL