13.7.12

Family Time...


 After 'losing' the first week of the school holidays with David back and forth to hospital, we decided to take some 'family time' with a brief trip to the Hunter Valley. Another family came with us which was great as J had some same-age company.
Thought I'd share a trip synopsis!


We stayed at the Mecure Resort which had the most gorgeous open fires and a terrific pool table which kept J and his mates occupied for hours.


It is a stone's throw from the Hunter Valley Gardens which has been on a planned destination 'wish list' for quite some time. The gardens feature a 'Snow Time' event at this time of year and it was great fun! Snow ball fights, ice-skating, tobogganing and 'snow-boarding'; all courtesy of faux snow!




Amazingly, we didn't get to spend time in the magnificent themed gardens as it started to rain heavily after we finished up in the snow garden. Another trip definitely needed!
J and David squeezed in some fun at the Aqua Golf driving range though. One of our friend's won a free lunch so we headed to Harrigan's Irish Pub for some tummy warming fare and a roof!



 Of course no trip to The Hunter would be complete without a few wine tastings. We visited McGuigans, Tempus Two and Brokenwood (3 out of 120 Cellar Doors available) before the children called a halt with cries of boredom!
(But not before they each consumed their own body-weight in sampled cheese and sorbet!)
I think an adults only Hunter weekend will be added to that 'get-away' wish list too!


I fell in love with the architecture and facilities at Tempus Two, pictured above and below.


We spent a beautiful winter morning checking out the cute shops in the HVG village. The British Lolly Shop was a universal favourite with everyone!


And we popped into the Potters Brewery for lunch on the scenic tour home. Great food and atmosphere! It is on the site of the Hertiage listed Brickworks which are still standing within the grounds and had another welcoming mammoth fireplace!




I really enjoyed our mini break. I spied a gazillion stunning country cottages which has reignited my love of this very Australian and heart warming architecture style.



The 'Farm' dream is definitely growing legs!

J is back to school next week and I only have days before The Terrigal Project is due for handover. I'll take some snaps to share. Carpets are in, Spotted Gum floor sealed and bathroom fit-outs complete! Count down commencing!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

3 comments:

  1. The Hunter Valley is beautiful. If you came across a book called Dining Out Hunter Valley. My husband and i own it. It shouldve been in the reception area.
    We were to go down these school holidays but never made it.
    Our favourite wine is a red Hope Estate Cracker

    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately we didn't see it Pen! Just proves though that I should have asked for recommendations before the trip! We'll go back though....
      x KL

      Delete
  2. LOVE the lolly shop too...I'm as bad as my kids in there. We shopped up a treat in the lolly shop at Leura too!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL