16.7.12

Colour Crush: Rainbow Brights

 I'm not abandoning my love of monochromatic interiors just yet, but am definitely being drawn to designs that feature a pop of colour.
 I previously posted about my 'Hermes' Orange colour crush HERE.
My most recent hue love is the combination of

Rainbow Brights!



 Not much is needed to make a big impact and restricting the colour to accessories means easy rearrangement to change the look.



Love the clever use of colourful objects as 'art', injecting that focal zing at the same time.




 Colour-blocking your library of books makes for a stunning display!



Source: The Block 2012

Only a few Rainbow-hued towels are needed to add the WOW factor to a plain bathroom.


 Or if you're more committed to this look, a few well placed dollops of same toned colours in fixtures, fittings or furniture look extraordinary!


As does a single, dynamic coloured piece of art in a monochromatic interior.


Of course, the easiest way to add rainbow brights is through linen. Throws, quilt covers or cushions!


Hannah's Study sourced from Peepmystyle



 It's young, fresh and fun. Happy too I reckon! 
 What do you think?


x K

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

5 comments:

  1. I am also loving these colours at the moment to. Very fresh interiors, using a white backdrop to make the colours really 'pop'. This is definately the style I would love for my own home.
    Mrs B xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps that's why I picked up on them lately...am definitely seeing more bright colours in everything from homewares to clothing. I love the kitchen appliances available this season too...if this is 'your thing', I'd grab 'em whilst available!
      x KL

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I'm Jessica, and new to your blog.

    Couldn't agree more with the monochrome plus splash of colour. I'm at the very start of renovating/redecorating an old cottage in South West England. Some of your pics will keep me focused on the end goal!

    And amazed to find I'm not the only home designer with an eye on the guys at CERN..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! Thanks for popping by! All my friend's eyes glazed over when I started jumping up & down with THE news of the century! So glad to know I'm not alone too! x KL

      Delete
  3. Hi KL - I'm right with you on the brights!!! Also with you on the removable wallpaper. How genius. Thanks for stopping by Bondville :) Steph x

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL