7.3.12

My black beauty is complete!


Plush delivered the stainless steel legs / base frame today for the playroom lounge and the driver put it all together. He was such a lovely guy. He was telling me that he is a qualified surveyor, but earns more as a truck driver. Go figure!

 
Having never seen the lounge in this fabric (I chose it from a tiny sample in store) or in this layout, it was exciting to see that it looks OK.  David hadn't seen the lounge at all and he thankfully gave it the thumbs up too. I'll re-wrap it up tomorrow so that it is protected until in gets in its correct room and upstairs is finished. I'm tempted to have a 'play' with some cushions on it first though! He he!
The photo above (without flash) shows the deep charcoal colour best. The flash tending to lighten it in photos. She's only a petite lounge as the room where it is intended, is modest in size. Just perfect for PlayStation gaming and Lego building!


Above is a follow up picture of the ensuite cavity doors and shower / toilet cubicles beyond, which were framed out on Sunday afternoon. Baby steps but in the right direction!

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

10 comments:

  1. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    What an exciting moment when interior furnishings start to arrive. It really feels as if progress is on the way and that the finished product is within sight.....!
    The colour of the sofa seems to us to be ideal. Stylish and yet practical, comfortable and yet not too casual. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your vote of confidence guys! Much appreciated!!!!
      x KL

      Delete
  2. The couch looks great, KL. I'm glad it has been reunited with all it's pieces!!!

    Ensuite is looking good.

    M
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so comfortable - can imagine curling up on that would be very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear David liked the new sofa :)))

    It looks beautiful. A shame that you will cover it up but I totally understand. There is just too much dust going on in an unfinished house :(

    Our timber posts for our balustrade were installed the other day and it is insane how much dust they produced :( ... and we are yet to sand the staircase and timber posts :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad he liked it too B.... much easier than divorce...LOL!
      x KL

      Delete
  5. Your new lounge looks great and I love the dark colour.
    I am wishing that I had gone a deeper grey, as I have already had to have my lounge cleaned!
    Grubby fingers and split drinks aarrhh!
    What's the saying, any progress is good progress!!!
    Have great day.
    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek, cleaning it already? I chose sans fabric protection (+$250) on ours. Hope I haven't made a mistake! Will ban food & drink from room I think.....if that works?! LOL!
      x KL

      Delete
  6. I cannot believe I still haven't commented :O
    I attempted so many times, but the new two-word verification and iPhones don't go well together for some reason :(

    The new lounge looks beautiful. It's a shame it will be covered up and not used straight away. But totally understandable. I am so over dust. Cannot wait to have the driveway sorted out asap.... Ahhhh

    Hope you had an amazing weekend!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your commemts B, always appreeciated. I'm going to try to et rid of the verification thing. Any suggestions?
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL