27.3.12

General update, dragons & rainbows!

 I have had another busy week here - which I love, except it was made particularly difficult because I've hurt my leg tripping over the vacuum cord! As you do. Major ouch! I fell onto the concrete floor and am a total mess. (I'll spare you the gory details!) I have decided that vacuums are dangerous things and need to be used sparingly! (or one needs to engage someone else to clean. He he!) 
Anyhoo.... this is what I've been up to lately:

AFTER

BEFORE
The Terrigal Project is being put back together again; what a difference changing a roof line and adding a few windows can make! It never ceases to amaze me that homes are built with no consideration to aspect or in this case, a spectacular ocean view! David designed these changes to fit within a tight budget. Money well spent I reckon!


I've been looking for bathroom tiles for the same job. I was leaning towards a charcoal tile to continue the flow from carpet to tile. (The client having chosen charcoal carpet) but I've been given a 'no' to this suggestion so am exploring sandy hues instead....and had meetings with several kitchen contractors too regarding pricing.


Davo and I ate our weight with 'Wamby Whoppers' last weekend. If you're ever in Wamberal, on the Central Coast of New South Wales, they're a legendary hamburger! We followed them with a family bowling game which was lots of fun!


 We had to laugh at our eldest daughter's tiny feet (size 3) compared to her boyfriend's (size 13). They're both 22.
Having completed their uni degrees, they are contemplating the big 'move out' together in 'the big smoke'. O.M.G. My baby..... in Surry Hills!!!! Eeeek!
They don't want our stored Javi lounge, they want their own 'stuff'. Fair enough. So Davo and I scrounged this from the side of the road.



Retro Fantastic!!! And in such well loved condition. Thank you Hugh, I hope your father in law, at 94, hears that his well loved lounge will have a new lease of life with my daughter and her BF.


J, D & I went to see the 'How to Train Your Dragon' show at Sydney's Acer Arena too. Wow! We loved 'Walking With Dinosaurs'  last year but this was amazing.


No 2 daughter, A's BF surprised her with tickets to the show the day before we went. Very sweet!


We read the book quite a few years ago and then the movie adaptation came out. This was the icing on the cake. At nine, J still loves the soft toy souvenirs; Toothless now a part of his bedroom collection.


And to top off a perfect day, how better than Grandad making some paper aeroplanes for a flight competition in their backyard! Magic!


 Today I remembered my friend Lisa who lost her battle with Leukemia. We shaved last year to raise funds for this worthy cause but coloured this time. 
A rainbow of hope for other sufferers.



x KL

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

10 comments:

  1. What a heart warming post. It sounds like you had a ball and I love that the lounge suite will be re-used and appreciated again. It looks fantastic, what beautiful lines! I wish your daughter and her BF lots of luck, Surrey Hills is a very handy and trendy part of the world. I'm sure they'll love it. I just recently did the "big move" myself (and now I'm back at home waiting for my house to be built) and its scary/exciting leaving your Mum when you're close.

    I also think its great that you raise money and awareness for such a great cause. My best friend just lost his mum to the horrible big "C." I look forward to the day we have a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I now want a Toothless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pandora 8, I really enjoyed your reply / comments. I'm excited / scared for my daughter. Just wish she was moving out closer. Thankyou for your input.
      X KL

      Delete
    2. He is soooo cute!

      Delete
  3. That is one heck of a burger! Yum!
    And I think they are the most stylish bowling shoes I have ever seen!
    Your renos are going to look amazing, I love the vaulted ceiling!
    Have a great day.
    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah Jode, J wanted to buy the shoes for 'everyday' 'cause they were so comphy!
      x KL

      Delete
  4. The Terrigal house is looking great. I love the ceiling too.
    I agree with you about the Charcoal tiles. Sandy tones are much better (and easier to clean).
    Your daughter will love Surry Hills! My brother lives there and I visit often,. it's a very cool place (and nice & close to you!)
    Happy week.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodie..... Nooooo!!!! My baby in Surry Hills? Eeeek! WE are so sheltered here on the CC!
    I do of course appreciate your supportive comments...maybe it's more an 'apron string' problem?
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, hope your leg is ok now! I too hate cords and hoses, which is why I love our new extendable hand held vacuum...

    Sorry to hear your baby girl is moving so far away from you :(
    MrB and I both live very close (2 min drive from his mum and 5 min drive from my parents) to our parents and it is the best thing ever.

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments B. I think they would prefer to be closer but work necessitates the move to Sydney. They're not gone yet, are having trouble securing a rental close to CBD. $400+ for a bedsit per week! And they're as rare as hensteeth!
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL