8.2.12

Why am I in the dark with lighting?

Assisting with the planning and implementation of ideas for someone else's renovation has made me want to see some progress here. I thought that if I finished the downstairs rooms, one at a time rather than tackling the enormous upstairs area, I might make some quick progress. (Visually at least!)
Starting with the main bathroom, I needs a custom vanity (I already have the 2x sinks and tap ware), a mirror wall and two wall sconces. Easy Peasy eh?


 I measured and sketched, then Davo got involved and he re-measured and then I re-sketched (LOL!) how the 'floating' vanity was to be constructed. Off I went to our joiner and....he's closed down!!! Now I need to find someone new, get quotes, etc...Grrrr.
OK, not to be thwarted (mirror can't be actioned till after vanity installed), I thought I'd purchase the wall sconces for either side of the heated towel rails.


This is what I chose:


Ordered, brought home and Eeeek! they looked really wrong in the room! Back they went and now I've ordered these:


And of course they were 4 x the price! Not feeling too confident if truth be told!
And the major bummer with all this? Still not one room finished!

 
 Couldn't even be bothered with tidying up the mess that the temporary arrangement is in so I've returned to my Mantra (or a variance) yet again.....


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

5 comments:

  1. Oh you know what KL, i am SO thinking of posing as a hotel advertiser or inspector when we do our bathrooms & getting access to all the hotels possible as they by far, have the best bathrooms - lights, sinks, pedestals etc, all i am certain on right now is the bath!! I love floating basins & pedestals, oh for the love of mopping under them, how easy!! Good luck, lighting will do my head in, truly!! After 7 Army houses we have zero inspiration, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS LOVED your comment on my blog post, maybe we should do a big "i used to be someone" post!! Get all we stay-at-home-mummies showing for with the remnants of the glory days & all that education. Oh well, i can do the children's homework, so all is not lost on my science degrees. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new wall lights!!!

    We are in the same boat re: not one room finished :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not having any rooms completely finished upsets me... But deep down I know what once they are completed I will appreciate them a lot more than if they were all done at once
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't finished 1 room either yet (although to be fair I guess the kitchen is technically complete, it just needs some finishing touches) so I know how you feel. I'm about to embark on looking at lights for the deck which I just know is going to cause endless 'discussions' in our house over which is best so I might leave it for now!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL