6.2.12

General Round up!


After the scaffolding was put up the rain started, and with three weeks more forecast, the start to the Terrigal Project has changed from outside work to inside.  Houses are much easier to pull apart than put together and already 90% of the internal walls have been removed as have the two existing bathrooms.


 The whole family got together on Saturday night at The Bavarian Beir Cafe Paramatta to celebrate my nephew's 18th Birthday. Situated in what once was a Presbyterian Church, the space was truly atmospheric and I fell in love with the huge round light fittings. Stunning!




We celebrated my Aunts 83rd birthday last week too. We took her to the Tuggerah Hog's Breath Cafe
for lunch and I had to laugh at this old sign that was on the wall. Limiting my youngest child's ice-cream intake just got even harder!


 Have you seen all the New Season (Autumn / Winter) goods hitting the stores?
WTF?
I still haven't experienced Summer! 
I normally love the change of seasons and always love new Country Road catalogues but was a bit unimpressed with their latest offerings. Maybe it's because I'm not ready for cooler weather yet? 
I did love their new home wares though. Very simple and Scandinavian in feel. What are your thoughts?




x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

7 comments:

  1. Country Road - I didn't even get so far as the homewears because their clothes were so uninspiring in the latest collection. I used to buy a lot of their stuff to wear, but the quality just isn't the same. However, that yellow jug is gorgeous, so perhaps I better not be so blind-sided. (Our everyday dinner set is Country Road because they still do make wonderful homewears, I reckon.)

    I love the bit of building when it looks like your photos! Just the framework - you can see all the structure. And there is such a great sense of anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Virginia, so glad I'm not the only one! LOL! Whoever is designing their homewares is always consistent in creating must have items but the clothes are getting progressively ho-hum and I agree, the quality is not the same either.
      My friends are so excited with their renovation plans. It's a huge transformation but without the walls it already looks more open, light and better!
      x KL

      Delete
  2. We were lucky that it only rained a couple of days for the time we had scaffolding around the house. It's so expensive, that stuff :(

    I haven't bought anything from CR in years... don't even remember the last time I was in there... I stocked up when they used to sell good quality timeless pieces/basics. I am not into trendy/seasonal pieces.
    All our everyday plates, bowls, cups etc are from CR though.

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scaffolding is very expensive, I agree B, and it's one of those 'can't see anything' for the money things unfortunately. I've always been a CR girl (bought my first suit there in 1984!) but am buying less and less. Still like their dining pieces though, as you've found, they are pretty timeless and the quality here has remained as good value for money!
      x KL

      Delete
  3. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    The building project looks very adventurous, but wonderful to have the opportunity to start from scratch and manipulate the entire interior space. We look forward to following its progress.

    The interior of the church is stunning. What an interesting venue for the birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still buy a bit of CR to wear to work but agree the clothing was not as good as the homewares in the latest catalogue. I really liked the grey and white quilt cover they had in there but I'm on a spending ban so I'll just have to admire it from afar (or wait til its on sale!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I liked it too! I'd love it for J's room but I think he has enough at the moment, then again I agree, if it came on sale....
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL