20.1.12

To sell or keep? Help!

 OK, my dear followers... I need some help!
I bought the most gorgeous Balinese day bed for the last house (as seen in picture below). 
It was bought site specific for our pool Cabana and I fell in love with it after many intimate, late night, champagne laden, chats and practical use for bubs whilst we swam!


Unfortunately its use has declined with the new build and although it looks small above, it is actually quite substantial in size.  It simply doesn't suit the new aesthetic nor do I have a proposed waterproof area in which to accommodate it.  At the moment it is being used as a depository for building materials and is blocking the bi-fold laundry / kitchenette windows (proposed bar area). So, do I place it in storage for a possible re-invention in the 'next house' or sell it to an appropriate decor enthusiast?


And... so you have the whole picture: I do have this other Balinese lounge (seen in last house in the middle deck area) that is less practical, comfortable and smaller as a 'day bed', but more decor friendly as it can be aesthetically situated indoors. (And I paid a fortune for the customised cushions!


 So, what to do? At the moment I'm planning the 'next' house as a modern interpretation of Hampton's style. Should I 'let it go'?



Or hope that with new cushions and surroundings it's worth holding on to for a phoenix moment? (Swoon worthy downloaded pic above!)

I appreciate all your thoughts and opinions, as always...

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful... But I'd sell it.

    I am not a fan of hanging onto things if they don't suit or fit me. I am forever hassling MrB to sell
    The car parts he doesn't currently need. But
    He prefers to keep them just in case :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - but I say keep and re-invent! I think things you love and hold wonderful memories can always find a place. Maybe painted white with gorgeous bright cushions can fit a modern hamptons vibe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having just moved and being stuck with a whole lot of stuff I don't need, I think it's always good to cut the deadwood and make space for other things. I do love the second daybed which seems to have more uses as it is smaller and could go inside. But if you think you could use the larger bed outside at some point, why not consider painting it aqua or something completely new and adding lovely bright cushions - then it's a whole new piece but still retaining the memories and usefulness it has provided all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comment above - would it not fit somewhere if you painted it ? I can't throw things out, so I say keep it. Or do what I do with a friend 'permenant loan'. Give it to a friend on the proviso that if you ever need it back then you get it back. But let a friend enjoy it, and use it for now, and that way you can always use it in the future and there are no storage costs !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi KL! My advice would be to let it go and fully embrace the style you've chosen for the new home. Old pieces can really hold us back, but if you sell the bench, it can have a new life with another family.

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL