18.1.12

New pendant ideas

  Soooo, if I don't have a feature light fitting in the formal lounge (goodbye Chandelier dream), I can have one in the dinning room. Or perhaps multiples as displayed in some of the images below.
I quite like the big over-sized dome shades since spotting a version featured in a Belle magazine a few years back.






I think the 'bulb' area would have to be pretty though and I wonder whether it would be blinding if you glanced upwards during your meal?

 Or these George Nelson simple shades would look great too, especially grouped together. And there are so many styles to choose from.


Decisions, decisions! It is very lucky that I have lots of time to continue to make these!

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

11 comments:

  1. They all look beautiful :)

    Isn't it great being owner builders? :)

    I could never build through a company, how can you possibly make decisions for every tiny little thing in one day :(

    How is the tiling going?

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you B. All the way! Tiling being done in tiny bits and pieces each day. Will post pics soon!

      Delete
  2. What a shame you have to give up your chandelier dream, our hubby's sometimes out rank us on some decisions, but only sometimes! The light fittings you have pictured are beautiful too! Happy decision making, I'm sure what ever you chose with look amazing!

    Have a great day.

    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those huge black dome lights with the gold inside are fantastic. I liked one just like the white one with the pattern inside when I saw it on the Australian Grand designs...the one where they built at Clovelly I think it was. I also saw it at SPACE furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to see if I can track episode now! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. So many great light fittings to choose from - although I really do like the oversized dome shades, simple but they make a big statement. Decisions, decisions! I've also tagged you in a round of TAG! You're It! - http://inthenightsky.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-youre-it.html for further info (if you've already played this, please don't feel obligated to play again :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will take some time but I'll give it a go! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those Nelson bubbles. They are a timeless classic. The saucer shape is my pick if I were choosing something with a mid century vibe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's mine too! If I can, I will! He He!

      Delete
  7. Beacon has three varieties of those Nelson lights which look great. You should have a look on their website!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anna, I have seen these before too. They're a great price point compared to the originals. If this is the direction I go, they'll be in contention.
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL