27.1.12

More skull stuff!




I do love skulls.
 I found this Crystal Head Vodka at Dan Murphys and although I don't drink this I had to have the bottle! Apparently it is the realisation of the dream and vision of well-known actor Dan Aykroyd and colleague, fine artist, John Alexander. Both are avid researchers into the phenomenon that is the 5,000 to 35,000 year old Crystal Heads that have been found strewn around the globe from Tibet to the USA. This was the inspiration behind the extraordinary crystal head bottle and the purest vodka held within. A good opening discussion point for cracking the bottle?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting background to the vodka, KL and further proof that you can find some cool stuff in the most unlikely of places. If you're into lip gloss, Diva have one contained in a little gold skull at the moment (but its plastic and not nearly as fancy as this one!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are cool!! Just became a follower, however, my picture wouldn't work or follow publicly, argh, off to fix yet another issue with Blogger, it doesn't seem to want me to exist, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome Posie! I had a similar problem ages ago; I was anonymous for months! B from B is Building a House is a very clever IT wizz. She may have some suggestions?
      x KL

      Delete
  4. Wow, i have never seen that bottle before! I have never really heard anything about crystal skulls before, think there might have to be a bit of googling for me to satisfy my curiosity!!
    hope you hada wonderful week! laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really facinating! I first read about them in the Indianna Jones books and subsequent movie "Indianna Jones and Kingdom of The Crystal Skull". These were based on the very real discovery of crystal skulls. Definitely worth googling! Even Lego has made sets on this theme!
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL