12.1.12

I'm b a a a c k!

Hello again....and apologies for being M. I. A.!
David, J and I decided to spontaneously jump on a flight to Queensland and try our hand at some R & R. Although we live in a holiday maker's paradise, downing tools in your own home is a feat we have NOT mastered, even when we have the best intentions!
Luckily, we have family who live on acreage in the magnificent Tallebudgera Valley. When we lived at Avoca Beach we loved their annual visit to us but this summer they generously provided us with everything we needed. Beautiful accommodation, stunningly pool, transportation and the very best inclusion; wonderful company for us all. (Including a same-age cousin for J to play with + sheep, dogs, chickens and peacocks to chase and bush to explore!) Heaven!

It's a hard day, drinking Coronas at 10 am on a pool float!
The 6 week age apart cousins re-bond first late night, watching...wrestling!? Eeek!

The big boy's daily ritual was of meeting the trawlers at 6 am and getting the freshest seafood for lunch and eating a 'breakfast' pie hot from the baker's first batch! (I sooo loved the sleep-ins!!!)
A tad of shopping was done - I wish this bronze by a local artist would fit in my luggage allowance of 10 kg!

Found some really inspiring multi media artwork too! Drool!
Getting a photo of J at Currumbin Bird Sanctuary to match ones Davo & I each have of us at a similar age.

Holidays mean real-estate stalking too! I love the part sand-blasted glass railing on this stunner at Flat Rock.

'Farm' inspiration! Could imagine ourselves here in a heart-beat!

Dining luxuriantly at another stunning locale!

What a view for breakfast!
We had such a great time away that we have already booked our return flights to celebrate my Sister-in-law's 50th birthday in six weeks time! 
Yee Ha!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely getaway! Good on you for taking some R & R! Those art finds look gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where you had gotten to! Glad to hear that you were off having a lovely break. And to be coming back up here so soon - lucky girl!

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back, you have been missed.
    we may have walked right past each other as i am at Burleigh Beach every day or two.
    Pen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!
    Sometimes you just have to get away!
    The change of pace can make all the difference.
    I love the real estate stalking part of holidays too!
    Great place to get new ideas not done in your own area.
    Have a great day.
    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to have you back KL <3

    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks VERY relaxing. And you are so right - no matter where you live, it is being somewhere different which makes it a holiday. A fresh perspective, no chores to do (or even to feel guilty about NOT doing), different scents and sights - all so necessary to recharge the batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so very humbled by all your comments. Truely humbled. Thank you! Am looking forward to 'getting my groove' back and catching up on all your bloggy news too!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL