17.1.12

chandeleirs and compromises

Beacon Lighting's, enormous chandy (even at $700) to stay a dream...
If you've been following my build for awhile, you will already know that I have had my heart set on a large, sparkly Chandelier feature light fitting for our formal lounge room. Although the house is quite contemporary and minimalist in it's architecture, I've always loved the juxtaposition of new and old, antiques and 20th century design icons. Dear hubby however just hasn't 'got' it when I describe my eclectic decor plans!
I have found and shared many beautiful examples of my aesthetic ideas for this build...



And many Chandeliers - at all price points, to woo hubby.



And in a very brief 'moment' he agreed.
Now.... it's a funny thing, total acquiescence's.

It has made me argue less and think more. And the more I think, the more I am convinced that perhaps I was infatuated by the idea or desire to do this in my space.
(Of course, I can equally argue that I have perhaps matured, come 'round' to his way of thinking or am predicting the end of a design trend!!!)
Without psychoanalysing myself into an institution, I think I'm done with the Chandelier idea.

(Except for a more appropriately placement in 'The Farm' drawing' room! He He!)

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    Perhaps unsurprisingly, you might know that we absolutely love the idea of a chandelier in the drawing room. We very much like the old and the new alongside each other, believing that each serves to highlight the other and thereby make the whole so much more interesting.

    All those glittering droplets, how can you resist? Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL