17.12.11

I'm nearly done....

From ...love Maegan blog
 I'm soooo close to finishing my Christmas shopping...thank goodness! I always try to be super organised but the last few weeks in the lead up to Christmas always end with me feeling 'over-it' and very Ba-Humbug! All I have left to purchase now are a few stocking treats and my second daughter's BF's gift. He's just splurged on an XBox so I'll get him a game but which one? If said daughter had made enquiries as requested I'd be done. Grrrrr.
Anyhooo, what do you think of the tree skirt above? I found it HERE. What a great idea! My gold, red and black skirts that I've used  for previously tree decoration don't match my white / silver theme this year and I can't locate a pure white one I like. I'm going to adapt Maegan's idea and use a white faux fur throw at the base of my tree. Another problem solved, yay!

 The  project at Avoca Beach has got it's finishing touch... a mirrored stainless steel letterbox!
It was impossible to photograph but looks spectacular. Hubby was so excited to finish this detail but the back lighting is faulty and the overhang on the RHS is a razor edged accident that has already sliced my darling's arm so it's coming off and has to be re-done. Damn. No holiday yet for my poor hard working man!!! Makes me stop complaining about a day of present wrapping!


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    It rather sounds as if you are at last emerging from a huge round of Christmas preparations which must, on account of all that has had to be done, have left you feeling somewhat exhausted. We do hope that with only one major gift left to buy, and some stocking fillers, that you will have a little time for yourself this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 'throw as a tree skirt' idea. I saw Sarah Richardson decorate a tree with a few lambskins under the tree as a skirt. Looked amazing.

    Good luck with the rest of the shopping, and I hope Mr KL is able to enjoy that holiday sooner rather than later.

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea with the sheep skin or faux fur throw. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks awesome - just like the tree is surrounded by snow for your 'white' Christmas theme. I found a white tree skirt with a silver trim around the outside - not sure if you can see it in any of my pics. I too have been so busy that this Christmas seems quite surreal. Hopefully we'll be able to chill out enough to enjoy the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments! Unfortunately my white throw looks really cream (not like yellow snow though!). Kylie I did spot your tree skirt, is it new? Would you mind me asking where you got it from?
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL