4.12.11

December 3: Christmas cards!

 Do you still send out Christmas cards? I've noticed a huge decline in the receiving end over the last few years. Some have been replaced with e-mail 'cards' others have disappeared into the ether!


 I started on mine today. With the addition of business ones I send out around a hundred each year. I print a generic message on the computer and glue it to the inside of every card, personalising those that I really need to. Then all I have to do is hand write the 'to...' bizzo inside each card and address the envelopes.

This will still take me the rest of the week before they're ready to post!
I always match my cards to my Christmas tree decorating and gift wrap theme and bought simple silver Cole's cards this year for $3 per 12 pack. Bargain! Last year my Black tree necessitated the $12 for eight David Jones Black flock design and the year before that the red flocked version as seen below:



Do you still send out cards? 
And how do you display any you receive? I always find this challenging!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too!

7 comments:

  1. You are putting me to shame! Yes I have noticed a decline in giving and receiving cards and I am one of them. I only send to friends and family whom I will not see over the christmas holidays. Being so busy this is all I have time for. But I make a big effort to make or give gifts to those I do see, so no one is left out.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're a good woman, KL. I've decided not to bother with cards this year. Last year, I sent them out, as I always do, and got maybe 3/4 back. So, either people don't bother or don't like us. If they're not sending them, perhaps they don't want to receive them either?? I don't know.

    When we do receive cards, I let them take over the buffet. It adds to the decoration!

    Enjoy your card creating.
    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments girls....Was on a roll this afternoon and got them all done and ready to post tomorrow. I think I might decrease my list next year.... it seems a very old fashioned custom that I am singularly trying to maintain.
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I have to get a wriggle on and send my cards to relatives overseas. Those black and red cards from last year are gorgeous, but I like the sound of the coles cards better for a mass mail-out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. Such a shame that people do it less these days, email just can't replace that personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I send to family only really and my cards always match that year's colour scheme - I thought I was the only one who did that, so glad to see I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very thoughtful.

    The only card I received last year was from my superannuation people. I don't bother sending them out either :(

    B

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL