20.11.11

Sea Mist

This is a picture that I snapped at Copacabana Beach yesterday at 11 am. It shows a heavy, dense fog drifting in from the sea. It looks so very eerie; J was waiting for a ghostly pirate galleon to sail in any minute!

According to Alex Krisman, a meteorologist at Weatherzone, the fog was the result of warm moist winds being drawn across cold air and condensing. Cool water temperatures had made the fog thicker and delayed its being burnt off. 

This morning it came back and at midday our cliff side house was still shrouded in thick mist. At least we weren't sweltering in the heat, and there's no need for air conditioning either!

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

 x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too!

1 comment:

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL