8.11.11

Miscellaneous stuff...that includes shopping! LOL!

When I visited David Jones at Castle Hill on Monday I was like a child in a lolly shop! So much to look at and only a few hours to take it all in! This tree instantly had my attention and the tree skirt was nearly at the counter when I realised it was cream and not white. Boo Hoo!

 The fireplace joinery is finalised in the Avoca Beach project. The 'floating' concrete plinth makes more visual sense now. Such a shame it wasn't finished for the owners first visit. It will be a lovely Christmas surprise for them I'm sure!
 I took delivery of this glass sphere / doorstop from Crate & Barrel in the USA too. It was another discovery on Ms Moth's blog, Moth designs and she kindly told me where I may find it. I tried buying this direct as opposed to using a forwarding service. The price trebled due to shipping so I might revert to using MyUs although it's so hard to gauge. This is Sooooo heavy!!!! I also got these silver Marimekko gift tags with my order. They're divine! They also come in red and black as shown. 



x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    We do like the fireplace. The restraint of the design and its' floating' quality sit so well into the very modern interior. Yes, we are sure that the owners will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blue and white Christmas theme then? Very pretty, if it is. One of my favourites. I still haven't quite locked in my colour scheme this year. But I did spend a bit of time in David Jones (Chadstone) the other day....oh such pretty ornaments!

    It's a jolly nuisance this shipping business. So expensive! There must be a better way to get stuff from the US to Australia for a reasonable cost. But I do love you sphere - absolutely stunning. Virginia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jane and Lance, David will be thrilled with your comment. He's so happy with the final conclusion of this project.
    I think just white, green tree, silver and ..... kiddie additions are the scheme Virginia. Sorry to disappoint. I'm also thinking restricting colour to the lower third of tree? Eeek. What a challenge! Glad you like my US bauble...still working on those exxy import figures!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, that's it. I am absolutely heading to the city on Friday to buy my Christmas ornaments. Can't wait any longer after seeing that shot of DJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Marimekko tags are lovely - great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so need to get to David Jones, love the Christmas inspiration. Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 'floating' concrete plinth & fireplace, beautiful. KP

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL