1.11.11

Is my glass half full or half empty? How to win when you lose!



Sometimes luck / fate / destiny confuses me. Or at least makes me stop and think.
I've had a fine jewelry fetish since I can remember. No faux costume trinkets for me. The real deal all the way! I'd rather have a small cache of precious items than a truck load of fashion items. Don't know why, (To borrow a phrase; 'it's just how I roll'). I so admire and even envy girls who always have the latest jewelry trend pulling their 'look' together but - not for me.
Until recently.
I purchased a summer kaftan from Witchery  and as I was paying was informed they had a $50-off-if you-spend-$150 sale. Nice win! Yee Ha!
Of course, the top was $149! (Duh!)
Sooo, I picked up a silver bead bracelet with medallion that reminded me of the Tiffany one I've been eyeing off for awhile. (See pic above) And it worked out I got it for free. Yippee! (Back to being a winner!)
Now...
I wore said bracelet a few times and LOVED it. I got positive comments and I actually thought I'd cracked my real-only obsession and then 'KL's Law' kicked in.
'KL's Law' is like 'Murphy's' except it's happening to moi!
I was carrying ten-thousand shopping bags of family sustenance upstairs and BAM, the medallion was gone. Just like that. On the wrist in garage. BAM. Non-existent in kitchen. I searched the car, the garage and every one of those ten thousand plastic bag. That medallion had somehow self combusted. 

Now, where's the moral to this story?

Lost freebie - It wasn't Tiffany's.

I think my glass is still half full. Maybe even full. What do you think?

(Or should I drink less wine when posting! LOL!)
x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too!

8 comments:

  1. I think your glass should remain full....of champagne that is!!
    Happy Melbourne Cup. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's a sign ... or a reminder... that you should be true to yourself and stay away from "faux costume trinkets" :P

    But like you said, it was a freebie so your glass is still full in my opinion :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives and leave shortly after, this was one of them, at least you loved it while it was here. Have a beautiful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. good choice...I too have been wanting that very same tiffany bracelet for ages and like you have instead bought the witchery one...great minds think alike...he he...nice to meet you...this is going to be a fun journey I'm sure ;)
    Happy Melbourne cup day to you too ;)
    (thanks for you lovely message on my blog)
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are no longer anonymous. Yay!!! :)

    Have you seen madebygirl's blog today? The throws section made me think of you :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh funny. You know if it was the real deal the medallion would've stayed on...maybe...well,one would like to think! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see your glass as full for all the positives you see. Love the real deal through, on the wish list. KP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comments every one! I should have bet yesterday on a horse Toni & Guilia! And I think I will stay with the real trinkets from now on B, nrkp and Brismod! Still happy I didn't lose a tiffany charm. Whew! Thanks for the tip B to squizz madebygirl's blog. Those throws are divine! You definitely know what I like and lust for!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL