10.10.11

Union Jack triump!

 I've blogged before about my love of Vivienne Westwood's Union Jack rug and cushion for The Rug Company. I simply adore the rug used as a piece of striking art as shown below. Unfortunately my budget is never going to stretch to owning one of these (even the cushion is exorbitant!) and I had toyed with the idea of painting my own canvas to get a similar effect.

Vivienne Westwood Union Jack rug used as a wall hanging
This is where patience can sometimes pay off! Today I found this gorgeous picture of Jessica Bettenay's dining room on The Design Files. "Jessica had the Vivienne Westwood wallpaper mounted and displayed." Did you read that???? WALLPAPER!!!! Now that sounds much more affordable! Hooray!!! 
(And it proves you should always read the text accompanying the pictures!!! LOL!)

Jessica Bettenay's Dining room - Courtesy of The Design Files
I'm thinking of using the wallpaper as mounted art in my son's bedroom after being inspired by Erica Cook's design for her sons room below. (Moth Design)

Master Moth's bedroom from Moth Design


I might hang it vertically though as it's so large! 2700 x 1500 mm! Do you like flags used in boys bedrooms?
x KL

6 comments:

  1. Love it!!!
    And I love how you always find a way :)
    So creative you are!!!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love flags in boys rooms for sure.. and vivienne westwood! I have loved her since i was about fifteen!! i had an obsession with the corsets she used to do!!! I love that she is a bit quirky and left of centre!! especially for an `older` lady!!!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of the union jack in boys room, looks fantastic! Thanks for always visiting me and leaving such lovely comments, you really make my day. Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura and Belle for your comments! I particularly like the VW flag because it's so 'beaten up'. I like the muted colours too.
    KL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw FLAGS and BOYS. And I am in! Did you use Flags in your sons bedroom? We are definitely going with the flag theme for our son and he loves the idea. He is in Year 12! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still 'in the process' of finalising my boys room Hamptons Living. His temporary bedroom in this house has been camped in what will be, the study. Wednesday will finally see us all occupy our 'proper' rooms'. J is now 13 and I'm no longer sure about the 'flag', nor the world or galaxy maps. Graffitti seems passe and as for the Tattoo / skull idea, well it all seems so 'last year'. Long build = stale ideas. I think I might try something really novel and ask him what he wants. Whatchathink? (P.S. Yes; Still love my VW Flag and will repurpose elsewhere!)

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL