6.10.11

October - Breast cancer awareness month in Australia!

Photo courtesy of The Australian Breast Cancer Council
This disease has affected me, my mother, three dear friends (one male) and my immediate family and so, every October I'm reminded of how lucky we are to be here. From the Australian Breast Cancer Foundation I have cut and pasted the following advice:

"Women of all ages should be familiar with the normal look and feel of their breasts. If you notice any of the following changes please see your doctor immediately.

• A lump, lumpiness or thickening
• Changes in the skin of a breast, such as puckering, dimpling or a rash
• Persistent or unusual pain
• A change in the shape or size of a breast
• Discharge from a nipple, a nipple rash or a change in its shape
There are also some simple steps you can take to minimise your cancer risk.

• Eat for health
• Maintain a healthy body weight
• Be physically active, on most, preferably all days
• Limit your alcohol intake
• Get checked - women
• Get checked - men
"


Further information and direct links to the Australian Cancer Council can be found HERE.


And, if you'd like to donate to this worthy cause, please follow this link - HERE

Every donation, big or small, helps make a real difference to all those affected. The money donated will help fight breast cancer through education and prevention programs, support services and world-class cancer research.


x KL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL