30.10.11

Ho Ho Ho! Off to shopping we go!

Do you buy Christmas presents early or shop at the last minute?
My youngest sister LL always leaves shopping for all her presents to the last possible minute, often Christmas Eve. Eeeek! I would be so stressed! I've completed probably 60% of my list now. I really like spreading the cost over several months too as I have a lot of people to buy for.

 This is LL's Christmas gift. (I don't think she reads my blog) They are Iittalia bowls from Peter's of Kensington. The colours are divine and they match the mugs that I bought her last year which I know she loved. I honestly believe you could do ALL your Christmas shopping online at this store and mostly, their prices are discounted! A few clicks and your done. Gotta love that!

I am one of three daughters and we're all quite 'artsy'. Every year we compete with one another with our gift wrapping. It's quite a unique tradition! LOL! I love spending Christmas Eve with a glass of champagne and tizzing up my wrapping so hopefully my shopping will be finished weeks before the 'big day'!

How's your 'list' coming along? Covered in ticks or barely written?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too! 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bowls!!!

    We don't do Christmas gifts for adults in our family :)
    We only buy for our nieces and nephews... And Mr B's granny :)

    Haven't bought any gifts yet though :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've great taste. Lucky LL. They are really nice. I am a last minute shopper. Getting worse every year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am usually a 'start months early' shopper but this year I have been a little preoccupied! Couldn't leave it til Christmas eve though!!Plus I have 6 birthdays within about 10 days late November/early December! Love Peter's of Kensington - especially the ease of their online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not as organised as you but I do like to keep in early & beat the mad rush. I hate last minut stress takes all the fun out of Christmas.
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  5. B, I know lots of families that do that too, including my husband's side. LL isn't married; though buying for five nieces / nephews. It doesn't seem fair for her to leave empty handed after her generosity! My older sister and I agreed years ago to buy a token present only for each other. That has now morphed into a Christmas decoration exchange. Such a fun idea!
    I'm worried for you Brismod & Newbuild!!! You've got to get a-crack-a-lack'n!
    We have lots of birthdays clustered around this time too. Mmmm. Let's count backwards 10 months and see what's in common! Christmas or Valentine's bubs perhaps? LOL! My father's birthday is December 23. God help anyone who gives a combined birthday / xmas present. Or uses xmas wrap on the birthday gift! Hillarious!!!!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im impressed KL, I have made a small start & have begun writing a list. I usually try to have it all completed before november ends. I dont have to many to buy for which is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi kl, I laughed at your comment on my blog!! it's funny what you say about the bedroom they showed must have been the best, you'd think the super rich could afford perfect decor, but so many have no taste. i thought their house would because the living room was pretty fab, but only one bedroom!! bumma! I'm sure they've got kids too, I'd love to have seen those rooms too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    What super looking bowls these are. We are certain that your sister will be delighted, what is not to like?

    At the risk of sounding Scroogelike,we really do not enter into the 'arms race' of Christmas. Just a few,very few, small gifts for close relatives and friends and that is that. Can be done in an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL